KOTA and KEVN are looking for a dynamic reporter and weekend news anchor who can do it all: shoot, write, produce, report and anchor. Our weekend anchor will anchor multiple shows on the weekend, sometimes on both the KOTA (ABC) and KEVN (FOX) platforms and report during the week. We're looking for an enterprising talent who loves reporting and interacting with the local community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- shoot, write and edit local stories
- use editorial judgement to determine content of local newscasts.
- use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
- post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
- interview subjects and research facts for credibility
- produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
- follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
- edit video and stories for broadcast
- participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
- must have a good driving record
-Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
-Must be a strong writer with solid news judgment
Send cover letter, resume and demo reel to:
Please apply online at: www.gray.tv/applynow
About KOTA and KEVN
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming and northwestern Nebraska. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 172, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH.
About Gray Television
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.