KOTA/KEVN-TV in Rapid City, S.D., is seeking a general assignment reporter/MMJ/Producer.
We want a good storyteller who has a nose for news; and also handle some producing duties for newscasts. Rapid City is a market that requires enterprise storytelling. We're looking for a reporter who loves news and has an inquisitive mind and can embrace progressive story-telling through social media platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgement and leadership to help determine content of the newscasts
• Work alongside the producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts with impact
• Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
• Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Generate investigative stories using sources to dig deeper
• Produce newscasts as assigned
• Perform other tasks as required including but not limited to filling in for producers and anchors of other newscasts
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Must be able to generate good solid story ideas and be self-sufficient.
• Must be able to shoot and edit and have good driving record.
• Live in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.
• College degree required.
Email your demo reel to News Director: email@example.com
About KOTA and KEVN:
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates located in Rapid City SD at the base of the beautiful Black Hills.
Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, KOTA & KEVN are enjoying new facilities that bring state of the art technology to the Black Hills region. Completed in early fall of 2017, the new facilities feature new sets, all new furniture, state-of- the-art technology in a 20,000 sq. ft. facility. KOTA Territory News and KEVN Black Hills FOX share one, team-oriented newsroom covering western South Dakota as the dominant source for news, weather and sports. KOTA & KEVN are dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area’s only local live-streaming newscast. Our team produces six (6) daily news casts M-F and six (6) newscasts each weekend.
KOTA & KEVN are located in the Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 172, a community of approximately 100,000 HH.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.