Preparations underway for CMN Duck Race
Planning is underway for the 27th Annual Great Black Hills Duck Race Sunday, July 31, 2016. It is a 1.5 mile race for all qualifying ducks with approximately 17,000 rubber duckies competing for nearly $27,000 in prizes including a $5,000 top prize and a chance to win one million dollars!
Duck Race Chairman Kevin Phillips says 100 percent of the proceeds stay local to benefit the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals at Regional Health. Helping kids, one duck at a time.
The race will start at 2 p.m. with the Drop of the Flock near the West Main McDonald's and Rapid Creek, ending at Memorial Park.
You can sponsor a single Duck for $5 or for $25 get a five duck package and a free duck race t-shirt.
Ducks can be purchased online or by completing and submitting a Registration Form which can be picked up at the CMN Office at 2925 Regional Way, Suite 100, at any Big D and other locations.
Race Day Activities:
· A final sale on ducks from 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at the West Main McDonald's
· A visit from the region's Largest Duck at the West Main McDonald's
· Fun activities, games, souvenirs, music, and much more ducky fun at Memorial Park from 1 p.m., until the race finishes
· The Drop of the Flock (race begins) will take place at 2 p.m. near the West Main McDonald's and Rapid Creek, ending at Memorial Park
· Race winners will be announced at Memorial Park at the conclusion of the race
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) help area children get the medical care and attention they need. Alexis Stulken is the coordinator of CMNH, a program of Regional Health that works to fund programs, medical equipment and services for ill and injured children throughout the region.
In-school safety programs, a pediatric emergency transportation fund and special equipment purchases are just a few of the many ways CMNH and you make a difference in your community.