STURGIS, S.D. (KOTA TV) - The recent downpours prompted the City of Sturgis to close some sections of streets and parks.
Fourth of July rain caused flooding in several areas of Sturgis. (photo courtesy City of Sturgis)
As of Friday morning:
• The S Curves on the east side of Sturgis are closed. City crews hope to have them reopened later this morning.
• The City Park including the bike path is closed until further notice.
• The bike path from 7th Street to the City Park is closed.
• Bear Butte Creek crossings at 7th and 15th Streets are closed. Residents can use 9th Street and Junction for access north of the Bear Butte drainage.
• The low water crossings on Otter and Raccoon Streets are closed.
Drivers are reminding not to maneuver around barricades.
Furthermore, if you live near a drop inlet along the curb, please check to make sure it is not blocked by debris.
Updates will be posted on the city and public works Facebook pages.