2 people die in Lead house fire on Saturday

LEAD, S.D. (KOTA TV) - Two people died early Saturday morning in a house fire in Lead.

The alarm came in at 4:39 Saturday morning.That's according to a release from the Lead Volunteer Fire Department.

There are few details at this time but we do know that the Lead Volunteer Fire Department rushed out to a home at 10 Parkdale Avenue.
They found a fire burning with heavy smoke in the top floor, attic and roof assembly of the home. There was a partial collapse of the roof. The home received extensive damage.

Emergency crews were able to confine the fire to the one home.

The Lead Police Department, and the State Fire Marshall's Office are continuing to investigate to determine the origin of the fire.