· One of the most important factors when considering a cosmetic surgical procedure is to choose the right doctor. Dermatologists are experts in the medical, surgical and cosmetic treatment of skin, hair and nails.
· As with any surgical procedure, there are risks associated with cosmetic surgery. However, patients can reduce the risks by finding a qualified dermatologist.
· Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure specifically designed to remove superficial and moderately deep wrinkles of the face.
· Laser work by producing an intense beam of bright light that travels to the affected area of the skin.
· New advancements in laser skin resurfacing allow healing to occur much more rapidly and with minimal discomfort to the patient. In addition, recent improvements in laser technology have allowed dermatologists to treat patients with skin of color safely and effectively.
Spider and Varicose Veins
· Spider veins are formed by the dilation of a small group of block vessels located close to the surface of the skin and are most commonly found on the face and legs.
· Varicose veins are abnormally swollen or enlarged blood vessels caused by a weakening in the vein's wall, which often leads to pain and swelling in the leg.
· The exact causes of spider and varicose veins are unknown, although heredity, pregnancy, and hormonal changes are believed to be contributing factors.
· Treatments include:
· Laser Surgery
· Endovascular Laser Procedure
· Radiofrequency Closure Technique
· Ambulatory Phlebectomy