Home destroyed, man hospitalized after Story fire - KOTA Territory News

Home destroyed, man hospitalized after Story fire

Posted:

One man was sent to the hospital after a Story home fire.

All ten volunteer firefighters in Story were called onto the scene at 97 Fish Hatchery Road at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. Story Volunteer Fire Chief Mike Onstott says the fire likely originated on a mattress, meaning the cause was possibly from smoking in the bedroom.

Onstott says nearly half the house was covered in flames when fire crews arrived. Firefighters were on the scene for more than four hours. The house is considered a total loss. No neighboring buildings suffered damage.

Onstott says a young man was able to get out of the building after the fire started. He was given oxygen on the scene before being taken to a hospital, and has since been released.

A Sheridan Fire-Rescue crew also was called in to help with the effort.

Powered by WorldNow

518 St. Joseph St.
Rapid City, SD 57701

Telephone: 605.342.2000
Fax: 605.342.7305

Couldn't find what you were looking for?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - WorldNow and KOTA. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.