This is usually an entry-level position, which requires no professional experience. This position requires a two-year contract.
The incumbent covers daily local news including:
- live shots from breaking news and coverage of live news events
- conducting taped interviews, shooting other video, and gathering information
- editing video using non-linear editing
- writing broadcast stories for TV and radio news
- writing for news and social media websites, Facebook, and Twitter
- training to produce newscasts
- on-call reporting on a rotating basis.
- A qualified candidate must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills including writing for TV and radio broadcast, live shots, and on-air performance, strong written communications including web publishing or newspaper writing experience (include samples of URLs if available.)
- The candidate must also be able to shoot and edit video creatively for effective storytelling.
- Hands-on internship experience is also strongly preferred in entry-level candidates. Experience and/or training in online news publishing, using any graphics software (like Adobe Photoshop) is desired but not required.
- Experience in creative instant online publishing to social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram strongly desired.
- A college minor in a related field would be considered provided the candidate has a four-year college degree in print journalism, political science, English, education, or business, and he/she can demonstrate the strong journalism communication skills as outlined above.
- A valid driver's license and excellent driving record (no speeding tickets, moving violations, DUIs or accidents in the last 3 years) are required at the time of application.
How to Apply
Resume and current audition - DVD or web URL - are required to apply for the position. No phone calls, please. Applications will be kept on file for 3 months in the event of a future opening.
John Petersen, News Director
PO Box 1760
Rapid City, SD 57709
Duhamel Broadcasting Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.