The Game, Fish and Parks Commission has finalized most big game hunting season dates for 2013 with no changes from 2012.
The Commission sets season dates in the early spring to give hunters a chance to plan their fall schedule. The season structure, including license numbers, will be set in coming months.
Dates of interest for 2013 include:
· Pheasant Oct. 19-Jan. 5
· Youth Pheasant Oct. 5-9
· Resident Only Pheasant Oct. 12-14
· Grouse/Partridge Sept. 21-Jan. 5
· Mourning Dover Sept. 1-Nov. 9
· Fall Turkey Oct. 1-Jan. 31
· Archery Antelope Aug. 17-Sept. 27 and Oct. 14-31
· Firearms Antelope Sept. 28-Oct. 13
· Black Hills Archery Elk Sept. 1-30
· Black Hills Firearms Elk Oct. 1-31 and December 1-15
· Archery Deer Sept. 28-Jan. 15
· Youth Deer Sept. 14-Jan. 15
· Black Hills Deer Nov. 1-30
· West River Deer Nov. 16-Dec. 1
· East River Deer Nov. 23-Dec. 8
· Muzzleloader Deer Dec. 1-Jan. 15
Deer and antelope tag allocations, waterfowl, sage grouse, and the mountain lion season, as well as new state laws will be addressed at up-coming Commission meetings. To view the complete list of seasons and monthly meetings where the Commission will discuss and consider adjustments to administrative rules can be found at http://www.gfp.sd.gov/agency/commission/default.aspx.
For information on the GFP Commission, visit the GFP website at www.gfp.sd.gov/agency/commission/default.aspx.