The Rapid City Police Department conducted compliance checks of local alcohol establishments. A total of 18 establishments were checked, and 17 were found to be in compliance.
One of the establishments, Imperial Chinese Restaurant at 702 E. North St., sold alcohol to an underage police informant. The seller, Robin Yang (20 years old), an employee of the Imperial Chinese Restaurant, was issued a court appearance required citation. Furnishing alcohol to a minor is a class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.
The following establishments were found to be in compliance:
1. Summer Nights Downtown/7th St
2. Main Street Square Downtown
3. Boyds Liquor Mart 1424 Mt Rushmore Rd
4. Prairie Bottle Market 13 New York St
5. East North Casino 230 E North St
6. Big D Oil 850 E North St
7. Toby's Casino 720 E North St
8. Common Cents 634 E North St
9. Timeout Lounge 615 E North St
10. Walmart 1200 N LaCrosse St
11. Cheers Lounge 1721 N LaCrosse St
12. Corner Pantry 2130 N LaCrosse St
13. TGI Friday 2205 N LaCrosse St
14. Minervas Restaurant 2211 N LaCrosse St
15. Firehouse Brewing 610 Main St
16. Teddy's Bar and Grill 826 Main St
17. Murphy's Irish Pub 510 9th St
Since January 1, 2012, a total of four alcohol establishments have failed alcohol compliance checks by selling to underage informants.