Beardsley, Jensen and Von Wald
Medicaid eligibility can become an issue for any family. A good resource is the SSA Program Operations Manual System (POMS) which is available online. Here are the steps to finding the helpful information:
1. Enter "SSA POMS" into your browser or click on this link to be directed there.
2. At the POMS website, click on "POMS Table of Contents" on the left side of the page.
3. At the "Table of Contents" page, click on "SI - Supplemental Security "Income" in the middle of the page.
4. At the "Supplemental Security Income" page, click on "SI 017: Medicaid Eligibility" in the middle of the page.
If you remain uncertain or have questions after reviewing the POMS, then you should probably consult your lawyer.
Lawline@KOTATV.com is intended as general information on legal issues affecting us all. This information should not be relied upon in any particular case and should never be used in lieu of consulting with an attorney.
1. You see yet another car accident at a spot where there have been many accidents in the past and will be more accidents in the future?
2. You learn another person is hurt using a machine that has injured others in the past and will injure others in the future?
3. You watch a dangerous practice – like where a school bus parks – you know is a disaster waiting to happen?
What should you do?
Try to prevent the next accident, injury, and catastrophe from happening.
How can you do that?
Send a letter or email to those responsible – the highway department, the owner and operator of the machine, the school district - putting them on notice of the danger.
Your letter or email will either prompt a "fix" or help the next innocent victim establish liability against those who failed to act.
Taking a few minutes to write a letter or email can have a huge impact; you can be a difference maker.