SHERIDAN, Wyo. -

 Sheridan family was able to escape a house fire early Monday morning.

The Goose Valley Volunteer Fire Department and Sheridan Fire-Rescue were called out to 16 Welton lanes around 3 a.m. When firefighters arrived, the home was engulfed in flames.

Fire crews were on the scene for four hours and took about 45 minutes to put out the fire out.

The owner of the house says the fire started when one of his dogs accidentally turned a burner on which then burned a grease pan that was on top of the stove.

The Britton family was inside the home at the time of the fire and was able to escape the flames. The family lost two dogs and one cat.

“When we first noticed the fire, I was scared. I tried to do everything I could to get my family out. We tried to put the fire out with a hose but it didn’t work and it was just too over whelming for us. We got out and my wife and son made it out of the bedroom,” said Cody Britton.

Sheridan Angels and other crisis intervention organizations have offered assistance to the family.