Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:41 PM MDT on March 31, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on April 01, 2015
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT Wednesday for gusty winds...very low humidity...and cold frontal passage for fire weather zones 260 and 262... A red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT Wednesday.
- Affected area...fire weather zone 260 northern Black Hills... fire weather zone 262 southern Black Hills and fire weather zone 299 Wyoming Black Hills.
- Winds...southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph through this evening. Winds will switch to the northwest and increase to 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph between 4 am and 7 am Wednesday morning.
- Relative humidity...as low as 11 percent late this afternoon. Humidities as low as 16 percent Wednesday afternoon.
- Temperatures...highs in the 70s this afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s and 50s on Wednesday.
- Impacts...wildfires can spread rapidly in the very dry fuels. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.