Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:08 am MST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 12:00 AM MST on March 04, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until midnight MST tonight...
- timing...periods of light to moderate snow will continue this morning along with gusty north winds. Conditions will improve during the day with additional snowfall likely by late this afternoon and evening.
- Total snow accumulations...2 to 5 inches...highest over the south Laramie range along Interstate 80.
- Winds/visibility...north 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. Visibilities will be reduced to less than a half mile at times in falling and blowing snow in the morning.
- Impacts...travel will be hazardous this morning. Roadways will likely be slick and snow covered along with areas of very low visibility. Interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne will be impacted. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas and when approaching and driving over Railroad crossings. Hammer