Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:53 am MDT on April 1, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on April 01, 2015
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening for gusty winds...very low humidity...for fire weather zones 260 and 262... A red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening.
- Affected area...fire weather zone 260 northern Black Hills... fire weather zone 262 southern Black Hills and fire weather zone 299 Wyoming Black Hills.
- Winds...northwest winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- Relative humidity...as low as 15 percent this afternoon.
- Temperatures...highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s.
- Impacts...wildfires can spread rapidly in the very dry fuels. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Issued at: 2:31 am MDT on April 1, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM MDT on April 01, 2015
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM MDT this evening... A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM MDT this evening.
- Winds...northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
- Impacts...sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose control... especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles. Strong winds can cause blowing dust and reduced visibility. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means 30 mph winds...or gusts over 45 mph...are expected.