Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 8:51 PM MDT on March 30, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on March 31, 2015
- ...Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening for gusty winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zones 260...261...262...263...264...265 and 266... A Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
- Affected area...fire weather zone 260 northern Black Hills... fire weather zone 261 northwestern South Dakota plains...fire weather zone 262 southern Black Hills...fire weather zone 263 southwestern South Dakota...fire weather zone 264 badlands area...fire weather zone 265 south central South Dakota and fire weather zone 266 central South Dakota plains.
- Winds...southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 25 mph Tuesday afternoon and early evening.
- Timing...Fire Weather Watch Tuesday afternoon and early evening.
- Relative humidity...as low as 11 percent Tuesday afternoon.
- Temperatures...highs in the upper 70s to mid 80s Tuesday afternoon.
- Impacts...wildfires can spread rapidly in the very dry fuels. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.