KOTA Territory News is seeking an MMJ to join our #1 local news team.
The MMJ is responsible for developing, investigating, writing, reporting and editing stories. Must generate story and source contacts, enterprise stories on a daily basis; deliver reports of high visual and ethical standards using creative ideas and live-news capabilities.
The position features a competitive starting salary, a good benefits package, plus the beauty of the Black Hills in western South Dakota.
- 0-1 Years’ experience including shooting in HD and editing non-linear.
- Demonstrate a passion for journalism.
- Strong writing skills including impactful storytelling.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Research, gather, and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources.
- Enterprise hard news, research-driven packages under tight deadlines.
Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments.
- Write and produce stories for daily newscasts and website.
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web, often remotely while traveling.
- Make regular beat checks.
- Conduct interviews in the field and on-set.
- Report “live” on the scene using backpack live technology with training.
- Update social media sites daily, including Facebook and Twitter, to report stories and interact with viewers.
- Participate in story selection process through meetings; contribute story ideas daily.
- Represent the station at public events.
- Develop a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history.
- Demonstrate sound news judgment; collaborate with others to present the story in the best way.
- Communicate professionally with the web staff and other appropriate staff members during breaking news.
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines.
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Anchor and produce newscasts with proper future training.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as assigned.
You can apply for the position online at this link: https://tinyurl.com/jjvue24
If unable to apply online, email your application or mail examples of your work to the following address:
KOTA Territory News
2001 Skyline Drive
Rapid City, SD 57709
No phone calls please.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.