Good Morning KOTA Territory is looking for a Producer. This is a rare opportunity to join the #1 morning news team at KOTA-TV in Rapid City, SD!
This is a full-time position. GMKT airs 5:30 -7:00 AM weekdays.
The Producer is responsible for all aspects of producing the newscast including: writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, writing impactful teases, coordinating live shots.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Act as a leader fostering teamwork among staff members on the newscast
· Strong initiative and attention to detail required
· Ability to write with urgency, clarity, and accuracy; great grammar required
· Ability to work with limited supervision is required
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
· Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
· Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather
· Ability to enterprise local stories and live interview opportunities
· Willingness to try to concepts for live segments in the studio
· Must show strong ability editing video and graphics
· Post additional content (stories, links, video, polls, etc.) to the web and/or Facebook & Twitter daily
· Ability to accurately and calmly handle the decision-making process, especially in the control room during the broadcast
· Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
· Computer knowledge including ENPS newsroom software, Microsoft applications and Internet use.
Proven news producing experience preferred, but we will train the right entry-level applicant. A College degree in broadcast journalism or a related field is required.
The successful candidate must hold a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record and must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
You may apply online on Gray TVs career page. Follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/ybqa9j4o
Or email complete resume’ and a link to recent producer samples:
Stephany Beshara Chalberg
Executive Producer, GMKT
No phone calls, please.