BLACK HILLS, S.D. (KOTA TV) - The Zonta Club of the Black Hills recently announced the recipients of their Expo Service Grant.
According to the Zonta Club, several non-profit organizations received the grants for their work to “advance the status of women”. Grants will be used toward programs that empower women in the Rapid City area.
Organizations receiving the grants include:
• Abbott House - Building Bridges Program
• Alzheimer’s Association of the Black Hills - Alzheimer’s Care Conference for Women
• Career Learning Center of the Black Hills - GED Testing Scholarship Fund
• Catholic Social Services - Professional Counseling for Victims of Violent Crime
• Lifeways, Inc. – Y2Y Conference
• Lutheran Social Services – New Alternatives and Arise Youth Center
• Rapid City Area Schools – Personal hygiene items for young women in RCAS
• Volunteers of America
• Working Against Violence, Inc. (WAVI) – Project SAFE
• Youth & Family Services – Girls, Inc. – Academic Support & Enrichment (ASE)
• Youth in Science (Rapid City) –Women in Science Conference
Grant money was raised at the annual Zonta EXPO, which took place last October at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
For more information about Zonta Club of the Black Hills or the organizations receiving grants, visit the Zonta website.